What is Marriage & Money?
The Marriage and Money: Planning For Forever After™ series does more than educate couples on what financial planning as a unit means: it supports healthy communication about finances. In other words, we do more than help couples plan for financial success—we help create healthy relationships built on clear communication.
Marriage and Money is not a sales pitch for investment or insurance products, nor is it rigid philosophy on money, debt, or financial planning. Instead, Marriage and Money puts couples on the same page, introduces financial planning as a holistic concept, and gives hands-on, easy-to-implement tools for creating their Financial Happily Ever After.
The Marriage and Money program will:
- Change harmful perceptions through professional expertise
- Introduce new concepts for financial planning and health
- Integrate values and dialogue to foster healthy conversation
- Close the knowledge gap and make financial planning accessible
This program is designed to support couples at all stages of their life and relationship:
- Engaged couples
- Seasoned couples and spouses
- Blended and nontraditional families
Money can be stressful. Talking about money is socially taboo and stressful - but we don't think it should be!
What does the program cover?
- Open Communication about Money
- Talking about Money
- Yours, Mine, Ours: What You Have
- Choosing an Advisor
- Advisor vs. Planner
- Yours vs. Mine: Behavior
- Beliefs, Values and Goals
- Decision-Making & Emotions
- Budgeting (but don't stop here!)
- Risk vs. Return
- Real-Life Case Studies and Examples
3 Options to Fit Couples at Every Life Stage
- Complete access to the online Marriage & Money program
- Discussion board to share ideas and struggles with other couples
- 30-minute follow-up session with Roderick Givens about your partnership*
- Complimentary invitation to live workshop with Marriage & Money professionals (a $400 value!)*
- *Limited Time Offer Only
- Everything from The Essentials, plus
- Pre-Assessment Intake
- Access to our Premium Podcast
- 2-hour dedicated session to develop your comprehensive financial plan*
- Bring your Trusted Advisor** to your dedicated session
- 30-minute follow-up call
- Clarity, focus, and accountability around your financial future as a couple
- Behavioral financial advice calls to help guide you through major life decisions
- *Financial Plan services provided by RainierView Advisors
- **Trusted Advisor is someone like your pastor, parent(s), or life coach
- This 1 year program includes everything from The Essentials and Premium Personal, plus:
- Complimentary access to your custom Productivity Team
- Quarterly live meetings to review progress and discuss updates
- Investment management*
- Values & Goals identification and alignment as a couple
- Employee benefits analysis
- 401k evaluation*
- *Investment management provided by RainierView Advisors LLC
- N.B. Cost can be offset by Investment Management Fees (Fee is 1.5%)
Which package is right for us?
Perfect for Engaged Couples, Newlyweds, and Couples on a budget
Best for households with a combined income of $150,000+
Some of the services included in the financial plan:
- Establish Goals, Values, Cash Flow, and Net Worth as a partnership
- Develop a financial management strategy, including financial projections and analysis
- Complete a retirement planning assessment, including financial projections of inflation-adjusted assets required at your estimated retirement date
- Review and analyze investment portfolio
- Identify legal documents for estate planning
- Identify tax-planning strategies to optimize your financial position
- Review your custom written financial plan together--in detail
- Develop an action plan to implement the agreed-upon recommendations
- Referrals to other professionals as needed to assist with implementing the action plan
Best for complex households with combined incomes of $250,000+
- Address complexities such as multiple real estate properties, business ownership, family dynamics, and more
- Pick 3 members for your Productivity Team: Life Coach, Relationship Therapist, CPA, Life Insurance provider, Estate Planner, Real Estate Planner, or Banker
- Ask about coordinating the inclusion of your: Personal Trainer, Doctor, Nutritionist, and other healthcare team members
How did the Marriage and Money: Planning For Forever After program start? Roderick Givens describes the need for real life money talks for engaged and recently married couples. Beyond the Dave Ramsey and Suzie Orman money programs - some couples need more details, insight, and perspective that addresses both parties who may not have debt management issues. Instead of personal finance - this program focuses on partnership finance with communication and behavioral embedded to address the #1 source of stress among adults.
Sign up for weekly updates!
Marriage and Money is a consortium of licensed, certified, and experienced professionals related to the education of couples regarding finances, communication, and the legal aspects of marriage. Program speakers may include, but are not limited to: financial planners, family mediators, family law attorney's, marriage therapist & counselors. Speakers do not share fees nor offer exclusive arrangements for program participants outside of the Marriage & Money: Planning For Forever program.